How to apply for an MVV?

Your employer may need to apply for a provisional Residence Permit (MVV) for you. The employer submits an application both for an mvv and a residence permit at the same time.

The IND (Immigration services) assesses the application and notifies your employer/host of the outcome. When it has been granted, the Dutch embassy/consulate will be notified as well.

From that moment on you can collect your MVV from the Dutch embassy.To collect your MVV at the Dutch embassy or consulate you will often need to make an appointment.

Also interesting for you: embassies, before arrival.


Add this FactCard to your website

Is the information on this FactCard relevant to your audience?

Feel free to share this FactCard on your website. This is very easy and will enhance the service level to your visitors.

Simply check the preview, copy the embed code, paste it in your website and you are done!

Preview and embed this FactCard

Related Decks

Favorites Close

Share your favorite factcards via email


Embed Close

Add it to your site

                  <iframe id="bc7034d2-d40f-11eb-85ca-005056ba7acb" onload="var a=this.src.split('/');this.contentWindow.postMessage('init,' +,a[0] + '//' +a[2]);window.addEventListener('message', function(e){var',');if(b[0]{this.height=b[1];}}.bind(this), false);" src="" width="100%" style="border:none;"></iframe>