Entry visa preceding a residence permit (MVV)

Depending on your nationality you might need a visa to cross the border into the Netherlands or into the Schengen area (which comprises of many European countries). The entry visa applicable for stays over 90 days is called a provisional residence permit or MVV (from the Dutch term machtiging tot voorlopig verblijf).

You can read more information about the MVV on this website of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Purpose Of Stay
A provisional residence permit is always issued for one particular purpose of stay. Examples include “highly skilled migrant” or “scientific researcher under EC Directive 2016/801”. 


Add this FactCard to your website

Is the information on this FactCard relevant to your audience?

Feel free to share this FactCard on your website. This is very easy and will enhance the service level to your visitors.

Simply check the preview, copy the embed code, paste it in your website and you are done!

Preview and embed this FactCard

Related Decks

Favorites Close

Share your favorite factcards via email


Embed Close

Add it to your site

                  <iframe id="7d292934-d41c-11eb-85ca-005056ba7acb" onload="var a=this.src.split('/');this.contentWindow.postMessage('init,' +,a[0] + '//' +a[2]);window.addEventListener('message', function(e){var',');if(b[0]{this.height=b[1];}}.bind(this), false);" src="" width="100%" style="border:none;"></iframe>