The almost 40 technological and scientific disciplines together with their many specialisms are accommodated within TU Delft's eight faculties.
TU Delft's many different disciplines are a key factor in the success of its multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary thematic cooperation.
Research priority areas
- Architecture and the Built Environment
- Civil Engineering and Geosciences
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Technology, Policy and Management
- Applied Sciences
- Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering
TU Delft makes the link between its scientific profile and position within society explicit by organising its substantial research potential around major themes within society. These take account of national research priorities within the Netherlands and international research priorities at EU level.
This happens within TU Delft itself, on a sectoral basis together with the two other Dutch universities of technology and regionally with Erasmus University Rotterdam and Leiden University.
Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science Faculty
- Delft Research-based Initiatives
- Research institutes – TU Delft Institutes
- Research schools
Wind tunnel research